2017 Faith & Family Script Showcase
The Faith & Family Script Showcase recognizes and showcases exceptional feature screenplays and television teleplays in any genre that features story of faith or family.
NEW TO THE ZOO
by Paul Mahoney
Genre: Family Comedy
Logline: Oz, a smart-ass mimicking lyrebird, is sent as an expensive gift to the Non-Esse Zoo. He and his kidnapped ‘reject’ animal friends have to find their way through the woods and back to their new Zoo and safety.
- 2017 Writer/Director/Producer of The Australian Patient – Spotlight Award (Indie Film Festival Dublin/Ireland), selected for the UK Monthly Film Festival
- 2016 Story Pros International Screenwriters Award Semi-Finalist for the feature Comedy Horror – Holiday from Hell
- 2016 We Screenplay Diverse Voices Semi-Finalist for the Family Short – Egbert
- Winner of the 2016 Euroscript Screenwriting Competition in London for the Romantic Comedy – Elvis Town. (Soon to be a motion picture)
- Finalist of the 2014 Euroscript Screenwriting Competition in London for the Coming of Age Comedy – I Can Turn Men. (Option offer received)
- Top 100 – for the 2016 Emerging Screenwriters Award (over 1,400 entries) for the Comedy Horror Script – Holiday from Hell
- Attended the 2016 London Screenwriters Conference & also 2016 Australian Screenwriters Conference.
Writer Statement: I like to write scripts that make people, laugh, cry and most importantly think.
2017 OFFICIAL SELECTIONS
ALIENATION by Peter Varga
FULLY COMMITTED by Betsi Freeman
GRANDMA’S COMING TO STAY by Paul Mahoney
IN MY GARDEN by Kenata Martins
IT’S A LIFE WORTH LIVING by Keith Perna
KIDS RULE by Jill Gurr
PERCEPTIONS by Lou Mulford Greig
SEVENTH ANGEL by Richard Prather Perry, Jr.
SOON by Manuel Ansoleaga
THE FIRE by Kevin Kelley II
THE RIGHT TRACT by Shawn Davis
THE RINGLEADER by Lee Cipolla
THESE DELICATE SORROWS by Frederick Jones & Shirlee Wilson
TRUE TEARS ARE PRECIOUS by Maria Lennon